Certificate in Body Massage - GTi accredited course
Next course dates: Saturday 5th February and Sunday 6th March 2021
Venue: Tenby Road, St Clears, Carmarthen
Time: 9am - 5pm
This course covers the technique for performing a full body massage routine. It also includes fantastic anatomy & physiology resources with clear diagrams and voice over. Reception, consultation and aftercare guidance is covered as well as conra-indications to treatment. Photographs and videos ensure this course is both engaging and informative to give you the confidence to perform Body Massage treatments.
Guild of Beauty Therapists
Theory and practical
Approximately 21 hours of study time will be required to complete the theory element of this course. In addition you will be expected to practise body massage on your friends and family for as many hours as you require to feel confident performing a treatment.
When you enrol and pay for this course you will receive an email from the Guild and then you will be able to commence working through the theory online. Once that is complete you are then signed off to undertake the practical training which is done with our tutor Stacey Jones.
The practical training is undertaken over two days. The first day is going through what you have learnt 'in theory' so far and you will have plenty of time to practice the routine.
The second day is a month later and so you will have time to practice on other people and build up a bit of experience of the massage and hopefully come back to the second day full of questions. Also on the second day you will do the formal assessments - ready to be signed off as Passed.
This course qualifys you to practice, gain insurance and gives you CPD points. The course meets the National Occupational Standards of training.
How does it work:
1) Complete our enrollment form for the course, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
2) We will ask you to pay the course fee (you can pay the deposit and then the balance once you have completed the online aspect of the course)
3) We will enrol you onto the course and you will receive an email from the Guild and with this you will have a link to click through to and you will register/login and access the course materials. Please note that you will have to complete the GTi Professional Standards and Covid -19 courses before you can start on your theory modules. Please be careful to follow the registration process as this way the Professional Standards courses will be free.
4) We will send you our practical massage manual for you to start your practicing.
5) Once your theory is completed and passed you will be able to come and complete your Practical training aspects of the course with ourselves. When we are happy that you achieved professional competence we will pass you and you will be able to download your certificate from the BeautyGuild, or you can purchase a hard copy from them for £18. If you choose to upgrade to full membership of the Guild after passing, you will receive your hard copy Certificate free of charge.
Who Can Join The Guild?
If you are a qualified Beauty Therapist, Holistic Therapist or Nail Technician, you can apply for Guild membership and insurance. They accept all nationally recognised qualifications that are on the Qualification Credit Framework (QCF). These include, NVQs, SVQs, VTCT, ITEC, CIBTAC, CIDESCO, City & Guilds, Edexcel, SQA, IIHHT, IHBC etc.
They also accept qualifications and certificates obtained from suppliers and private training schools that have been accredited by the Guild. If you have any questions regarding the acceptability of your training certificates, please call the Guild's membership team on 01332 224830 or email email@example.com
If you are a student who is enrolled on a recognised training course, you can join the Guild as a Student Member to obtain insurance to cover you whilst carrying out case studies on family and friends.
"I have thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of this course. The teaching was excellent and the course well structured. I am so happy I found this school. I have a new skill and feel confident moving forward"
" I have done a few courses with West Shires and its the best decision I made. The classes are nice and small, the tutors on all courses are very knowledgeable and always happy and willing to help. I have made some new friends"